Leading the way in Safety
In keeping with the Concrete Strategies “More to the Pour” philosophy, we go beyond compliance with our proactive approach to safety. Concrete Strategies is recognized as an industry leader in safety with injury and insurance rates well below industry average. We are active members of leading industry organizations such as the Tilt-up Contractors of America (TCA), the American Society of Concrete Contractors (ASCC) and SITE Saint Louis OSHA Partnership. We have been recognized by these organizations for our commitment to improve safety not only for our own company but for the entire industry. Our goal on every project is ZERO injuries and our teams are 100% committed to achieving that goal! We have a vibrant safety culture and the programs, processes, and policies that provide the foundation for safe operations. Our proactive approach to safety begins prior to mobilization onsite with a comprehensive site-specific safety plan. Once onsite, a daily “Pre-task Safety Analysis” or PTSA is communicated to our workforce by our OSHA 30 hour-trained field leaders. Daily and weekly safety audits that identify and eliminate hazards though our “corrective and preventative actions (CAPA)” programs are also a critical part of our safety protocols. Our highly trained and experienced staff of safety professionals serve as mentors and leaders on our projects. However, safety is everyone’s job and our field leaders also undergo extensive safety and leadership training. For Concrete Strategies safety is truly a team effort!
Concrete Strategies has developed a truly elite safety management system that differentiates Concrete Strategies from its competitors. We are continually working to prevent injuries and incidents through an organized safety and risk management system that employs the following:
- Commitment from all levels that “No job is so important it cannot be done safely.”
- A fundamental belief that all accidents are preventable, with an emphasis on proactive measures.
- Creation of site specific safety plans to address the risks of each project.
- Daily pre-task planning process.
- A monthly safety dashboard creating accountability at all levels.
- Recognition for achieving significant safety milestones.
- Frequent, high quality job site safety inspections conducted by all levels of the organization.
- Continued emphasis on safety education and training.
- Substance abuse testing programs for all employees.
- Leadership training for all field leaders.
- Weekly “All Field Leaders” conference calls to focus on “Lessons Learned,” Roll Out Initiatives and Points of Emphasis
Stretch & Flex Program
The goal of a company-sponsored, stretching program is to provide work-specific stretches to help our employees increase their overall flexibility and range-of-motion. These stretches will lengthen the muscle tissue making the muscles less prone to trauma, tears, and other types of injuries. A stretching program will also help muscles and tendons recover more quickly from job fatigue. It is a good idea to stretch before work activity, both at the beginning of a shift and after lunch breaks, at a minimum.
Rules To Live By
- Eye Protection: ANSI Z87 eye protection shall be worn at all times (including prescription eyewear). All grinding, saw cutting, and work involving flying particles shall require the use of a face shield, and either foam lined safety glasses or goggles.
- Head Protection: Hard hats are required at all times (including welding), except when in break areas or equipment cabs. Hard Hat Welding Hood Variances may only be obtained from Clayco.
- Hand Protection: Proper Gloves are required to be worn at all times (minimum ANSI cut level A3). Exceptions made only for tasks that physically cannot be performed while wearing gloves (i.e. threading small screws).
- Fall Protection: 100% Fall Protection is required on unguarded areas 6′ or higher.
- Pre Task Safety Analysis: Complete and sign the daily PTSA outlining the steps of the task, the hazards, and the controls.
- Safe Work Permitting & Inspections: Complete and obtain Clayco approval for Hot Work, Confined Space, Roof Work & Excavation Permits. Complete Equipment & Aerial Lift Inspections prior to operation.
- Verify Zero Enery: Verify that all energy sources are at zero before working on equipment.
A Safe Company
Concrete Strategies has developed an exceptionally strong financial base. Our geographic and product diversity insulates Concrete Strategies from being too dependent on any single market, customer, or type of work.
Concrete Strategies has an incredibly strong bonding capability, with an aggregate line of $500,000,000 and single project line of $150,000,000.
Honesty, respect, fairness, and integrity drive our behavior. We keep our promises and ethical behavior is our standard.
We are dedicated to superior performance throughout our business. Our priorities are safety first, teamwork, diversity, and continuous improvement through strong leadership.
We are committed to the success of our employees, customers, and shareholders, and to citizenship and stewardship in all our actions.
Code of Ethics
Our code of ethics advises us on proper business conduct. It links Southern Style to ethical behavior. Each code provision addresses an important dimension of our business.
We are committed to improving our environmental performance and the communities we serve by being good environmental stewards and working to conserve valuable natural resources. The health of our employees, customers, and the public, and the protection of our natural environment are among our highest priorities.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
We respect the law. We comply with all laws and regulations. We have a responsibility to understand the laws and how they apply to our jobs.
Conflict of Interest
We avoid conflicts, and the appearance of conflicts, between our company responsibilities and personal interests. We use corporate resources—time, personnel, equipment and supplies—only for company business or company-approved activities.
We compete vigorously, but fairly, on the basis of price, superior services, dependability and products. We do not enter into understandings or agreements with competitors regarding prices, terms of sales, division of markets or customers, or any other activity that restricts competition.
We conduct competitive marketing activities, including the advertising of products and services and the gathering of competitive intelligence, fairly and honestly.
At Concrete Strategies, we are a SAFE company to do business with.